Saturday, February 14, 2009

News Flash

I am putting a bit of a spin on things. To make this blog post more interesting I am going to do it like a news report and be sure to watch for my catch phrase which is NEWS FLASH!! I know pretty common but yeah. The segment is called "A Little Thing About Friendship."

OK so this is how I view things when it comes to friendship. I guess you can call me old-fashioned or what not. I am bringing this topic up because this is what my brother and sister never see in the people they hang around and they should. It's called standing up for yourself, don't ever feel that the only friends you can ever have are people like this.

So let's begin on what not to look for in friends, here are some example of people you shouldn't hang out with:

Number 1: If your "friend(s)" come over to "hang out" and all he/she does is use your stuff (i.e. phone, computer, etc...) and eat your food then News Flash!! THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS!!! They are just using you for the stuff you have. That's not friendship, that's a little something called using people. Don't fall for it.

Number 2: If your "friend(s)" come over even when you told them not to because you are sick just because they want to play video games or something, then News Flash!! THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS!! If they are your friends, the only reason they should be visiting you when you are sick is to visit and see how you are doing, not to play games and have total disregard to your health.

Number 3: If your "friend(s)" call you over to hang out and they tell you that you cannot come over unless you bring something (i.e. I pod, camera, food, anything really, etc...) then News Flash!! THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS!! Kids these days are so dispicable, using friendship as a poy to get things. How unforgivable!

Number 4: If your "friend(s)" call you over to "hang out" and all they do it call you names, pick on you, and bully you then News Flash!! THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS!! Don't ever let someone look down on your or pretend to be your friend so that they have someone to make miserable. If that someone is you, then I suggest you get out of that friendship immediately. It's not worth the mental, physical, and emotional strain. Not to mention that probable cause of being traumatized by it [there are proven cases ya' know].

Number 5: Be patient, this one is a bit of a long one but it deserves lots and lots of explaining. If your "friend(s)" have no regard for the other people living in the house or your family such as: Calling non-stop to heckle you to see if they can come over after someone says you are not feeling well or such and no company is allowed, or trespassing into someones' backyard to knock on your window to wake you up just so they can "hang out," or opening someones garage without permission and coming inside as if they live there, then News Flash!! THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS!! It's one thing for you to not like your family and or the other people living in your house, but it's not ok for your friends to have total disregard for their existence. Families and/or people living in the same house are bound to have problems, that's just how it is sometimes, but for someone who doesn't think about caring about being considerate just because you are having a fight with them or something. That's not right. If they call more than once after someone tells them you are asleep or sick, then THEY should respect that. It's called common courtesy!! It is sure as H-E-double hockey sticks NOT OK to go into someone's backyard just to knock on a window to wake them up. For one, it's called trespassing, even if you have permission by that one person, if you aren't given permission by the person in charge of the house, you are in serious trouble, and two, how RUDE!! If you are waking them up because they will be late for school then by all means knock away on that window until they wake up. However, if you are just doing it to hang out then GO AWAY!! Never give out your personal garage code to your friends, whether you trust them or not!! I didn't even give my code out to my most trusted friend when I had to go with my family and our dog couldn't come. I gave her a house key and it was a non-duplicable(sp?) key that she was to return to me when I came home. I also left a list of rules to follow and my neighbors also made sure that she wasn't misusing the key to her advantage, like using our house to throw a party or something. A garage code is an easier way to access someones house and if the friend you tell is a blabber mouth and the wrong person gets the code then you are SCREWED...BIG TIME!!

Number 6: If your "friend(s)" are just using you to have a place to come to when they are locked out of their house for whatever reason it may be then News Flash!! THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS!! I don't mind helping out a friend if they get locked out but if that's their only reason for having you as a friend then you best get a new friend. I am sorry, I love my friends to death but it's not my responsibility to look after you if and when you get locked out of your house. Of course I don't mind helping occassionally but if it's a constant then NO!! Make arrangements and if you are locked out because you lose your key then have a spare laying around under a plant or something or everyone I know who lost their keys always let someone they can trust have a spare key to hold for them or you can stay at a neighbors house. My sister always left her window unlocked [she had no screen and her window was protected very heavily].

Well I think I have covered all the bases that I wanted to and if not then I will update it. So that's it for News Flash!! Hope you found it enjoyable and the information useful. Keep tuned in for any new segments that will appear. If you have any questions or would like to add something please feel free to leave a comment or email me. Thanks for reading my Advice Column and this segment of News Flash!!

No comments:

Post a Comment